A Bright Future For Investigator College
The sale of the former Goolwa Campus is great news for the local community, but also a signal of exciting times ahead for all Investigator College students and families – past, present and future! Families can now invest in a top-quality education in one of the South Australia’s leading Anglican Colleges with the reassurance that we will be here for future generations as well.
Hats off to our visionary Board
In 2018 the Investigator College Board made the prudent yet courageous decision to close the Goolwa Campus at the end of 2019. Although this was never going to please everyone, the sale has ensured a sustainable model moving forward, enabling debt to be retired as well as reinvestment in the College’s educational offerings at both Victor Harbor and our unique waterfront EcoCentre at Currency Creek.
From our exceptional Little Investigators Early Learners Centre right through to the world-class Senior School, our students are now poised to strive for, achieve and surpass educational goals in the best possible learning environment.
As valued members of this flourishing community, you will see:
- An upgrading of some existing facilities and, in time, some wonderful new infrastructure
- The strengthening of partnerships with other highly regarded Colleges and co-curricular opportunities
- State-of-the-art learning experiences to enhance student outcomes and future opportunities
- Additional staff leadership structures to drive exciting new initiatives that ensure an Investigator College education remains second to none
- Investigator College emerge as the hub of wellbeing on the South Coast, as we embrace world-acclaimed Positive Education practices and guest speaker programs – together striving to be our best selves
- The appointment of a Learning Strategies Coordinator and Counsellor
- New opportunities for community engagement
This is a great time to be a member of our fabulous community. Your children will remain proud of their connections with Investigator College for a lifetime. The future looks bright indeed and I am proud to be sharing it with you.
SA’s Best Regional School
I was delighted to read in The Advertiser today that our Year 9 results were number 1 in 2019. High achievement will continue to be a feature as we all aim to be the best possible version of ourselves.
From 2021, Investigator College will align its term dates with other Anglican Colleges. This brings with it so many benefits, including opportunities for increased Professional Development for staff (as we strive to retain our number one position) and a 3 week mid-year break, enabling wellbeing benefits for students and families.
We will publish the 2021 Term Dates soon!
UNIFORM SHOP UPDATE…
Term 3 Uniform Shop Hours:
Wednesday 2:00 – 4:00pm
The Uniform Shop will operate using social distancing, which will mean that only one adult and one child can be in the shop at a time. Hand sanitiser will be available and extra cleaning will take place on surfaces. We appreciate your understanding and patience. Please be aware that extra time may be required at this time.
* EFTPOS payments are preferred
* Please do not come to the Uniform Shop if you or your child is unwell with Cold or Flu symptoms; Order online or over the phone instead.
From 22 July, uniform orders placed before midnight on a Tuesday will be ready for collection the following day between 2:00pm and 4:00pm from the Uniform Shop, and any orders not collected by close of trade will be taken to Administration for collection from Thursday onwards. Please note that Administration hours are 8:30am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday during term time only.