ELC – Early Learners
Curiosity | Competence | Creativity
Starting your child at Investigator College during their early years ensures a seamless transition from Early Learning into Junior School.
OUR ‘LITTLE INVESTIGATORS’ PHILOSOPHY
Our Centre philosophy reflects the College values and beliefs and holds at its core the unique and important time that is ‘childhood’. We endeavour to create a setting in which children find comfort and security. We offer an abundance of opportunities for self-discovery, supporting children’s individual needs, curiosities and abilities.
We believe all children have the right to be treated equally and with respect, regardless of race, language, ability or gender.
Our programs are designed to prepare children for their transition to the wider community and help them become confident, independent, active members of our society. We promote honest and open communication with our families, respecting their rights and opinion, to encourage family involvement and feedback into the development and delivery of our educational programs.
We are committed to ensure that our Early Learners Centre is a stimulating, child-centred environment in which children:
- are inspired towards lifelong learning.
- are unique individuals who are powerful contributors to their own learning and that of others.
- express their learning in various ways.
- are curious, ask questions and follow their curiosities.
- are valued as competent, curious, resilient, capable and full of potential.
- are learners who are an important part of a community and culture in which teachers, parents and children work in partnership together.
- build and maintain strong and mutually respectful relationships that are foundational to optimal learning.
- experience learning that is documented and presented to know each child’s perspective, understanding and curiosities.
- will enjoy a physical environment designed to inspire and encourage exploration of creativity and curiosity.