What’s happening in Senior School…
During Term 2 and 3 our Senior School has focussed on promoting student wellbeing and future pathways.
- Pathways Day – 20-plus exhibitions and presenters from tertiary and training institutions, post-school accommodation, emergency services, trade providers and local councils (Mayor Philp popped in to show his support)
- Work Experience for Year 10s
- One-on-one counselling with every Year 11 student – subject selections, post-school pathways and wellbeing
- The commencement of a four session wellbeing ‘mindfulness’ program for all Year 12s, focussing on dealing with anxiety, stress, goal setting, focussing and managing procrastination
- The Flinders University Open Day – individual planning of presentations and activities for ALL Year 11 and 12 students
- Mentoring sessions with potential Medicine students and ADFA applicants with industry experts
- Individual sessions on SATAC applications and ‘drop-in sessions’ with Mrs Delyster!
- Student information sessions and subject selection afternoon for Year 10s and Year 11s
- Senior School Information Night
Talk about setting our students up for success!
Planning is currently underway for our unique first week of 2019, where Senior students will stay in university accommodation and visit all universities and TAFE. This week will also provide an opportunity to celebrate our 2018 SACE award winners!