Operation Christmas Child (OCC) is a mission project of Samaritan’s Purse that entails taking an ordinary shoe box, filling it with toys and other gifts, and sending it to a child in need of joy and hope. The project enables caring people to touch the lives of children in the far corners of the globe. Whether they are refugees of civil war, survivors of a natural disaster or victims of extreme poverty, these children need to know that they are precious to us and to God.
Once again, Investigator College families have the opportunity to take part in this valuable project.
Some suggestions are listed below:
- playing cards, plastic toys, small LEGO boxes, small bouncy balls
- crayons, markers, pencils, pens, sharpeners, pencil cases
- colouring books, notebooks, sketch books, erasers
- small stuffed animals, blankets, tote bags, purse
- comb, hairbrush, toothbrush, wash cloth, yo-yo
- underwear, socks, shoes, hair bows, hair ties
- soap, toothpaste, band aids, harmonica, skipping ropes
- small water bottles, plastic bowls, blunt edged utensils
- Party Mix – Reception to Year 2
- Marshmallows – Year 3 and Year 4
- Mentos – Year 5 and Year 6
- Choco Buttons – Middle School
20 cents for one guess. 50 cents for three guesses. Guesses can be made at any lunchtime from Room 3 and on Friday during lessons 7 and 8.